wineONtour.ca ... the easy way to design your custom ONtario winery tour! Select your wineries from a drop down menu by name, by location, by variety or by style of wine. Once the wineries are selected, you can modify the route with the click of a button. Print the driving directions or share by email, Facebook and Twitter. wineONtour.ca works on your pc, smartphone and ipad.
Gabby Grape takes you on a fun tour of Ontario wine country with wineONtour.ca in the Ontario Grape Escape -
Tour responsibly with a designated driver... don't drink and drive. The LCBO website,
www.deflatetheelephant.com, features interactive hosting scenarios, the Home Bartending Challenge
to master the perfect pour, downloadable responsible hosting tips and tools to help
prevent drinking and driving .
Ontario VQA wines are available for sale at select Farmers Markets across Ontario. Look for these signs and click here for upcoming dates and locations.
Ontario’s grape and wine industry is a success story, not only as a business and agricultural phenomenon, but as a tourist destination.
Eco-tourism, agri-tourism and cultural tourism are all linked, and play a role in the growth and popularity of our grape and wine industry.
Ontario has several spectacular events designed to showcase and promote its award-winning vintages.
- Niagara Icewine Festival – An annual event held in January to unveil and showcase the previous harvest's Icewine.
- Cuvée – An annual industry awards gala where the year’s best wines are chosen. Held in March in Niagara, Ontario.
- International Cool Climate Chardonnay Celebration (i4C) - Three days in July spent exploring the most planted grape on earth. Held in Niagara, Ontario.
- Niagara New Vintage Festival – Held in June, this evening is dedicated to the first tasting of newly uncorked vintages from Ontario’s top wineries.
- Niagara Grape & Wine Festival – Held in September, this 10-day festival attracts more than 100,000 tourists who sample regional cuisine and fine wines, and enjoy world-class entertainment and family attractions. The Grape Growers of Ontario is a founding sponsor of this festival, which grows in popularity year after year.
- Epic Vintage Tasting - Held in August for visitors to sample the best of Lake Erie's North Shore. The festival features Essex Pelee Island Coast wine, continuous entertainment, and local cuisine.
- Terroir - This annual celebration is held in May to showcase the wines of Prince Edward County.